Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Birds DT Blog Hop for Scrapping With Lisa's Designs





Oh no!!!! Those nasty pigs stole our eggs!!! How dare they make an omelet or pickled eggs with our offspring!!!! I vote we attack those pigs!!!!! They're laughing at us and that will not do!!!!! Bombs AWAY!!!!! ATTACK!!!!!!! We must save our children!!!! Black Bird flies through the air and bombs the hiding place of the King Pig with no avail. Yellow Bird to the rescue flies fast and far and topples some of the hiding place of King Pig!!! Red Bird flies straight and knocks a few more of the building. White bird, says "watch me" and she flies and when touched drops an egg and explodes a few more boards of the hiding place. Green bird has awesome powers when touched, he will return when least expected and crash into the sight! Finally Blue Bird's special talent when touched becomes three (3)!!!! ATTACK!!!!!!!

Welcome to one of Lisa's newest designs from her shop, Scrapping with Lisa's Designs (http://scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/) - The Birds (http://www.scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/item_168/The-Birds.htm), complete with all the birds described and one laughing King Pig with building materials to create your own awesome scene!

But before you get too creative, stop a moment and check out what the Design Team has to offer.In case you get lost along the way, here's the entire line-up trying to save the eggs!!!


Lisa is graciously offering three (3) lucky followers a free file of their choosing just for commenting and following the Design Team blog, http://scrappingwithlisadesignsdt.blogspot.com/!!! Now how wonderful is that, not to mention easy peasy!!!!!

I created a Mobil with my bird file (I've never made a mobile before so I went with simple) The picture quality isn't too good something is not right with my camera .

To create this I first opened the png file in Paint i then printed it out as it was and flipped it left to right to get a mirror image of the file and printed it again. I cut each piece out with scissors inked all the edges to try and cover the white edges glued each head together wit a piece of crochet cotton sandwiched in between. I went into my yard and cut a twig with a bend in it tied it to the bottom of the bird coup image so that it was balanced and attached my birds at different levels from the twig. The most difficult part was trying to decide what to use for string I thought about using my leftover fishing line from an earlier project but nixed it in short order Fishing line is not my friend. I may give this to one of my grand kids for their room!!

Your next stop following which birds will be used to attack King Pig is Jearise. Thanks for stopping and if you aren't already a follower of my blog - I would love to have you to check out my wonderful creations!



Stay tuned for September 18th as we will wreak fall havoc with Scrapping with Lisa's Designs!!!!

Have a super fun day and enjoy the hop!
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

4 comments:

Her Craftiness (Lynne) said...

What a great mobile Janet and to think no fishing line was involved (LOL!) It is always a pleasure hopping with you my friend!!
Much love, hugs, and pixie dust
Lynne

silvia said...

Great mobile!!!! LOVE the birds!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

what a great idea! love it!
Staci
staci412@optonline.net

BlueCrayons said...

love your mobile.