Friday, March 2, 2012

Which came first - scrapbooking or stamping blog hop 3/2





Memories In Tyme Blog Hop


Welcome to the "Which Came First Scrap booking or Stamping" Blog Hop.!
 This one is all about what came first for us - and how we all started in this craft. So this blog hop will be all about what you started with and why! If you have arrived here from Vicky's then you are on the right course. If you just  happened along by accident and want to join the fun then hop on over to Lynda's to start at the beginning!
 I started with Scrap booking when I was in High School nearly 50 years ago. I was given a camera by my parents for Christmas one year and that was my very meager beginnings. Stamping came much, much, much,  did I say much later like only very recently say within the past year or so.
Here is a Picture of my first scrap book ( now don't laugh it wasn't an art back in the day)



It continued on like this for a long time, The black paper and photo corners gave way to Sticky pages with a film cover ( I don't have any of those to show because I had to remove the pics I had so they would not get destroyed. 
Then in the 90's ( that was a very long period of  time ) My daughter introduced me to Creative Memories and Scrap booking became an adventure! All that paper ( I'm a paper hoarder big time ) and glue and stickers WOW.
 To say the least I was overwhelmed with all the stuff and I take forever to complete a page  I have one or two that need to be completed and many pictures to scrap. 


I created this page and a companion one and it only took like 2 years to complete and then again not sure it is complete LOL 

  My latest paper adventure  is  into the world of mini albums. I have a couple started and in some phase of development ( same problem too much stuff to chose from) This particular one is going   to my  Aunt who will be 90 this month!


My love of paper has recently gone digital and that is loads of fun and I don't take as long to complete a page. Here is my latest project


As for stamping well that is a very recent interest, It started with sentiments and has now progressed to images and coloring. I am a real novice at it!
Well I hope you enjoyed your journey through my  scraping life Would love to to read your comments
Your next stop on your journey  is the very talented  Lisa  I am certain she has something truly awesome to share with you.Thanks again for stopping by
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

16 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

What a fun, fun idea for a blog hop. So interesting to see how we all came together in this wonderful hobby!!

I LOVE your first scrapbook, so much fun to see how far you have come!! TFS!!

Your Aunt is sure to love the mini album, simply gorgeous!!

I hope all is well my friend!!

Laurie

Vicki said...

I remember my mother having the albums with the photo corners and black backgrounds. Unfortunately there was no journaling so now it is hard to figure out who is who..:( I also had the magnetic album. I can't tell you the number of those I covered with fabric and pretties..Do you remember those days? I made a fair amount of money doing those..If I would have only known how destructive those magnetic pages were to photos..
You have come a long way in 50 years! :) I also have layouts of my gson and I making cookies..fun stuff! Thanks for sharing and I am enjoying hopping along with all of you.

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
follower

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great idea for a blog hop. It's fun to go back and look at your first projects and compare them to now. You've come along way from simple scrapbook pages to digital! It's amazing how much technology has changed our lives. Great LO's.

tami
scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Claire Spielman said...

Oh boy can I relate!! We all had had those BLACK pages and you should feel really proud of your art work now! I do LOVE the cookie page,it's a priceless moment in time beautifully placed on paper by a loving Grandma. Enjoy getting ALL your pictures scrapped (yeah sure!!) time is so precious to us seniors! LOL
Creative Wishes & TFS,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

BlueCrayons said...

i dont think im old enough to know about the black pages. when i was small all my photos hit my walls. i didnt no what photo albums let alone scrapbooks was. great memories.

craftin-dawn said...

Great blog hop!! I am loving reading all the great "progress" you ladies have made!! Great job!!
visit my blog HERE
DawnD

Anonymous said...

Love your LO and your story, thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Absolutely love your story! This is one of the reasons I started scrapping... my Parent's have an album just like your first one with nothing written anywhere. So just a bunch of pictures to WONDER about. You have made quite the progress! Thanks for sharing your progress. Very inspiring.

Brenda said...

I can truly say that my albums looked much like yours only I wrote little sayings under my pics. If someone made a comment while I was taking a picture, then that comment went under the picture in my album. lol It is fun to see how it has changed through the years! I love stamping now as well and I love, love sentiment stamps. I am just getting into coloring images and digi images. lol I have yet to try digital scrapping though. Looks like it is fast and fun! I am like you it takes me forever to do a layout! lol
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

I have to admit I laughed at your first album! I remember those, but I am a little too young to have actually used one.. I have a strap binded one as my first book that I actually never used, I put all of mine in a binder once my spiral bound got too fat! And it just "spiraled" out of control from there! :) Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Aww the black paper and the photo corners so bring back memories of my albums when I was a kid. Also remember spending hours and hours removing pics from sticky albums. Love your mini and your story.

Lisa said...

You have come a long way in your scrapbooking. I especially love the last layout you showed, it's very nice. TFS.

Vicki said...

I took all the photo out, but I still have the old black paper and sticky corners photo album. Love how far you have come - great story.

Karen Wilson said...

I love your story and seeing how far you've come!! Amazing isn't it? To look back to where we started and then to see where we are today!! TFS your story!

Aim said...

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing so hard about your 2 year page that might not be done -- That's SO MUCH like what I say!! :) I am getting better about not changing them (and just accepting them with all my little mistakes), but it is sometimes hard!! :) It's so great to get a little peek into how much you've progressed in this exciting craft... I'm so glad you shared your story!! :)

Thanks for participating in the hop!!
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Teena said...

I'm really loving all of your stories on this hop! I sort of stumbled onto it. I also have black pages albums. Why do you think magnetic page albums are still sold? TFS